Saturday 6 March 2010

interpretation of beethoven's 6th symphony

I think of you when divine dawn filters in through my curtain


When the vulnerable smell of morning dew wafts in uncertain

When the guileless grasshopper wakes from his strident slumber

When the time on my clock is still just a nebulous number



I miss you when the glorious afternoon sun beats down on me

When in between hectic chapters everything but you ceases to be

When the riotous flowers soak up the sun in summer embrace

When the lazy grains of pollen float away into silent space



I long for you when dusk turns the sky a star-studded black

When the owl takes his first flight with ocular knack

When the brusque nip in the air makes my nose grow pink

When the unkind quandaries of the day finally sink



I love you between every comatose second that passes by

Between every listless blink of my doleful eye

Between every torturous tang that settles on my tongue’s bed

Between every langourous note that my ears are forcefed



I live for you because every snow flake reminds me of your free-falling fervour

Because every whiff of wind abounds with your familiar flavour

Because no fire warms my heart the way your crinkly eyes do

Because every grain of sand falls to the earth much like my soul reaches for you

No comments:

Post a Comment